The House Committee on Appropriations recently filed the FY 2021 appropriations legislation for the Department of Homeland Security (HR 7669). While the House has passed ten of the twelve annual funding bills, the DHS spending bill is not one of them. The Senate Committee on Appropriations is not expected to act on any funding legislation prior to the start of FY 2021. Final FY 21 funding decisions will probably not occur until after the election period.
Some highlights of this legislation:
- Provides $14M for the Incident Driver Video Recording System under CBP.
- Provides an additional $20M for updated video monitoring equipment.
- Provides $20M for upgrades to POE technology.
- Provides $16M for Coast Guard Cybersecurity and IT modernization efforts.
- Provides $118M for the E-Verify program.
[su_button url=”https://www.deepwaterpoint.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/FY-2021-House-Funding-for-DHS.pdf” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#d0ccc5″ color=”#000000″ size=”10″]Download Full Summary[/su_button]
For more information, contact:
Deep Water Point Legislative Affairs Lead
Contact Deep Water Point Today
to Increase Your Federal Business Win Probability